Today I wanted to share a favorite family recipe with you! Every year around the holidays my mom, sisters, and I get together to make what we call 'trash'. This is super easy to make and taste so yummy!
4 cups of Chex corn cereal
4 cups of Chex wheat cereal
4 cups of Chex rice cereal
4 cups shoe string potatoes
4 cups Frenchs fried onions
8 tbls worchester
1 stick of butter
2 tbls garlic salt
2 packages of taco seasoning
(There are nuts pictured above and they are optional. I don't like them so I chose not to add them.)
2. Mix the cereals, fried onions, and shoe string potatoes. Stir and make sure they are well mixed and then add the taco seasoning and garlic salt.
3. In a small sauce pan melt the stick of butter and worchester together.
4. Once the butter is melted pour a 3rd of it on the cereal mixture. Stir and add another 3rd. Mix and repeat.
5. Add the lid and put it in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes take it out and stir, repeat every 15 minutes for 45 minutes.
6. Put in little containers and eat up!